Welcome to the 345th version of Android Apps Weekly. Here are the large headlines from the final week:
- There have been a number of questions on Incognito Mode in browsers these days. We determined to do a deep dive and discover out what it’s actually all about. You can read our analysis of it here and see if Incognito Mode really protects you from something different than simply different folks along with your cellphone.
- Three years in the past, Google Maps was faraway from Apple Watches in favor of Apple Maps. This week, the world’s hottest navigation app made its triumphant return to the platform. It’s not fairly as highly effective as Apple Maps. However, it is among the treasured few actual options to Apple’s navigation app in this area.
- Samsung added a new module to its Good Lock application. The new module lets you create customized reside wallpapers. It’s a fairly primary perform. You select a base picture after which add results and movement to attain a desired impact. Still, it’s a free product for Samsung homeowners who use Good Lock. It’s referred to as Wonderland in case you wish to test it out and you can get within the Samsung Galaxy Store.
- Google’s new Phone app was a fairly large deal when it first got here out some time in the past. This week, Google announced it would make its way to more devices outdoors of simply Pixels. Additionally, its Verified Caller perform is rolling out to customers in just a few international locations, together with US, Brazil, India, Mexico, and Spain. Hit the hyperlink to be taught extra.
- PUBG Mobile is trying to make a comeback in India after its ban some time again. The cell sport give up Tencent with a purpose to shed its Chinese app tag and make its method again onto the Play Store in that nation. The firm in cost is PUBG Corporation and future updates are dealt with by South Korean online game firm Bluehole. The builders hope this will get the sport unbanned in India.
Price: Free to play
Bella Villa is a free to play match-three sport with trend sport components. Players go from degree to degree fixing the match-three puzzles after which observe the story line as they progress. The sport boasts 1000’s of levels, a home that you can embellish and construct as you play, an precise story, and a few unlockables as you go. It’s undoubtedly one thing a bit completely different within the match-three area even when its free to play price ticket will get in the way in which generally.
Price: Free / $5.99 per thirty days / $19.99 per yr
SlideScan is an app for digitizing previous pictures. The app lets you scan previous slides. It then applies some auto picture modifying magic and you are free to share or retailer them wherever you need. It works pretty properly. You put the slide in entrance of one thing with a backlight so the digital camera can see what’s on it. The app then scans the picture, applies some auto enhancements, and that’s it. The app labored properly in our testing, however some folks had points getting it to concentrate on the slide and, thus, some photographs got here out blurry. The solely factor we don’t like is that this is a subscription service for some cause. We suggest paying for a month when you’re able to digitize your slides after which cancel when you’re achieved.
Lord of Heroes
Price: Free to play
Lord of Heroes is a brand new cell RPG and other people appear to actually prefer it to this point. The story is nothing particular, but it surely’s properly executed and the cell RPG components appear comparatively honest free of charge to play gamers. Even the Google Play description on this one is fairly cool. It’s a message from the sport director and he talks about eager to make the sport enjoyable and never an impediment in your life. We solely examined it for a bit, however this one has a number of promise for a free to play cell RPG.
Price: Free / $20
Yuka isn’t the most recent app on the block, but it surely did lately launch within the US. In Europe, it’s a fairly fashionable well being app with a easy premise. You scan barcodes and the app actually simply tells you if the merchandise is sweet or dangerous for you. It’s a bit broad so there isn’t a ton of context. However, if you scan a vegetable, the app says it’s good and if you scan a soda, the app says it’s dangerous. So it will get the fundamentals proper on the very listing. The premium model is reasonably costly for the way easy the app is, however we suppose it’s most likely fairly costly to maintain a database for all this stuff.
Price: Free to play
Runelords Arena is a turn-based technique sport with some RPG components. Players acquire and degree up heroes, group them in groups of 5, and duke it out towards different gamers. It focuses totally on the PvP facet of issues however there are another issues you can do. For occasion, there’s an idle sport aspect the place you get loot even when you don’t play together with a marketing campaign mode and some different sport modes. It’s fairly first rate, however we thought the English translation was type of dangerous and the marketing campaign story is somewhat unimaginative. You’re undoubtedly right here for the PvP stuff if you resolve to attempt it.
Thank you for studying! Try these too:
If we missed any huge Android apps or video games information or releases, inform us about them within the feedback!