A number of states, hospitals and well being programs have made investments to retain and recruit staff because the nation offers with a significant workforce scarcity.
9 investments within the healthcare workforce to date this month, as reported on by Becker’s:
1. South Carolina hospital provides staff as much as $10K for homebuyer help
Beaufort (S.C.) Memorial Hospital has created a homebuyer help program to assist workers buy a house or refinance mortgages, with as much as $10,000 in help.
2. Mayo Clinic to provide 2% elevate with multiplier
Rochester, Minn.-based Mayo Clinic will present its staff with a 2 % elevate in 2022 with a 2.75 multiplier, which equals the elevate they acquired in 2020 earlier than the pandemic and is lower than the nationwide pattern, the Put up Bulletin reported Jan. 18.
3. UC Well being bumps up minimal wage to $15 an hour
College of Cincinnati Well being has boosted minimal wage to $15 an hour and is offering market pay changes and an incentive program for workers, The Cincinnati Enquirer reported Jan. 10.
4. Texas hospital provides nurses $20K sign-on bonuses at recruiting occasion
Corpus Christi, Texas-based Christus Spohn Well being System supplied as much as $20,000 sign-on bonuses for nurses at a recruiting occasion Jan. 12 at Shoreline Hospital.
6. New York governor publicizes $10B funding in state healthcare workforce
New York Gov. Kathy Hochul on Jan. 5 introduced a $10 billion, multiyear funding in healthcare, which incorporates $4 billion for wages and bonuses for healthcare employees.
7. Connecticut $34M aid program to cowl misplaced wages, different bills for important employees
Connecticut Comptroller Natalie Braswell and the overall meeting’s labor committee launched a $34 million aid program Jan. 3 for important employees, which covers misplaced wages, out-of-pocket medical bills and COVID-19 burial prices, the CT Mirror reported.
8. Billings Clinic recruiting nurses from abroad
Billings (Mont.) Clinic is hiring worldwide nurses by a partnership with Avant Healthcare Professionals, a Florida-based firm that gives worldwide nurses to healthcare organizations within the U.S., spokesperson Zach Benoit advised Becker’s.
9. Mayo Clinic Well being System Fairmont providing sign-on, group referral bonuses
Mayo Clinic Well being System in Fairmont, Minn., is providing a sign-on incentive for nurses and a group referral bonus for all open positions as a part of its newest recruitment efforts.