EastIdahoNews.com is highlighting hardworking individuals who make our native companies a hit. Each Sunday, we’re Attending to Know YOU!
1. Title, job title and firm: Christopher J. Mann, President and CEO Rexburg Space Chamber of Commerce.
2. What does your organization do and what are your duties? Promote, Educate, and Advocate on behalf of the enterprise neighborhood within the Rexburg Space.
3. The place have been you born and when is your birthday (don’t want to incorporate 12 months)? Christmas Day 1952, Stanford College Hospital, Palo Alto California.
4. How lengthy have you ever lived in japanese Idaho and what metropolis do you reside in now? 40 years in Rexburg.
5. Inform us about your first job after highschool/faculty. Working for JC Penny Co. promoting tires and batteries.
6. What’s the greatest enterprise determination you’ve ever made? Making use of for a job at Ricks Faculty (now BYU-Idaho) and staying at my job for 34 years.
7. Inform us about your loved ones. Married 47 years to Barbara with three kids and 4 grandchildren.
8. Inform us a few film or e book that has impressed you probably the most in life. In sixth grade I learn “To Kill a Mockingbird” and I’ve tried to see folks and perceive them by their eyes. My views about social justice are instantly associated from the impact that e book had on me once I was 12. My favourite books to learn are books about politics and political biographies. I simply completed one on the primary three months of Truman’s presidency.
9. Inform us a few lesson you discovered from a mistake you made in your profession/enterprise. Simply because it’s the very first thing that popped into your thoughts, it doesn’t have to be the very first thing that pops out of your mouth.
10. What’s a objective you hope to perform within the subsequent 12 months? Retire (once more) and spend extra time with Barbara.
11. What’s one piece of recommendation you’ve for somebody who desires to do what you’re doing? I’ve very a lot loved my 16 years on Metropolis Council and 6 years with the chamber. With each jobs you’ll be taught one thing new day-after-day.
12. Should you might do it once more, what would you do in a different way? In life? Nothing it has been a kick, even by robust instances (which I don’t recall) I’m positive I discovered one thing from it, I might change nothing. I’ve had a charmed life. My cup isn’t half empty, it’s not even full, it’s flowing over the perimeters.
13. The place is your favourite place to eat in japanese Idaho? Small, family-owned Mexican meals with associates adopted by a great card sport.
14. Inform us one thing stunning about your self. I’ve had a mustache ever since I used to be 17 years outdated.
15. How do you want your potatoes? Mashed please, with Barbara’s home-made hen gravy.
You probably have an worker or co-worker who we should always get to know, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.