Pedestrian Group (Winner – Publishing Firm of the Yr, Mumbrella Publish Awards 2021) is on the hunt for a younger gun author to hitch our rising affiliate staff. This E-Commerce Author place will probably be accountable for producing and optimising e-commerce content material throughout our seven award-winning web sites: PEDESTRIAN.TV, VICE Australia, Enterprise Insider Australia, Lifehacker Australia, Gizmodo Australia, Kotaku Australia and the soon-to-launch Refinery29 Australia.
Reporting on to the Head of Editorial – Native and E-Commerce, our dream candidate is a talented author who’s adept at adapting their tone to swimsuit completely different model voices and viewers pursuits, and has a deep information of manufacturers, retailers, and merchandise. You don’t must be an skilled in each class (i.e. tech, fashion, dwelling, well being) however try to be keen about some and prepared to analysis and study others every day.
Success on this position is measured by the power to drive income via industrial content material that’s as at dwelling on our websites as unbranded content material, and by effectively prioritising and executing every part from deal posts and product roundups to how-to guides and evaluations.
This position is a everlasting part-time contract for 3 consecutive days per week (we will be versatile on which days).
The E-Commerce Author will probably be required to:
- Write commerce content material – together with reward guides, offers roundups and evaluations on attention-grabbing merchandise – throughout any and all Pedestrian Group websites
- Work collaboratively with our affiliate companions, together with Amazon, Whistleout and Skimlinks, to convey nice offers and unique provides to our readers
- Work collaboratively with our web site editors to make sure all commerce content material is reflective of the general editorial technique and its completely different audiences
- Optimise new and present content material based mostly on market tendencies, search engine optimization and analytical insights from Amazon Associates, Parse.ly, Google Analytics, and many others
- Monitor posts in affiliate and viewers analytics and apply learnings to future content material manufacturing efforts
- Use search engine optimization and key phrase tendencies to assist devise a content material technique to help key procuring moments all year long i.e. Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Click on Frenzy
- Trawl the Web for the most effective offers and coolest merchandise in a wide range of classes
The place calls for somebody with:
- Expertise or a robust curiosity in e-commerce or product writing
- A deep love of procuring, manufacturers, retailers, and merchandise
- An appreciation for the significance of high quality native content material as a service to the reader
- The power to adapt writing tone to swimsuit completely different audiences throughout pillars together with tech, tradition, life-style and enterprise
- A robust curiosity, or expertise in, viewers progress, conversion and analytics
- Willingness to work on weekends and/or evenings as required, particularly round main procuring occasions like Black Friday
- Data of greatest search engine optimization practices, Yoast and SEMRush preferable
In the event you’re eager to hitch us, ship us the next:
- A canopy letter written outlining why you’d be the right match for this position (be happy to get inventive).
- Your CV
We will’t wait to satisfy you!
About Pedestrian Group
Pedestrian Group is Australia’s main youth-centred writer, reaching a singular viewers of greater than 4.16 million Aussies monthly, and extra 18 to 39-year-olds than another writer. It’s dwelling to PEDESTRIAN.TV, VICE Australia, Refinery29 Australia, Enterprise Insider Australia, Lifehacker Australia, Gizmodo Australia, and Kotaku Australia, in addition to Open Air Cinemas. It’s wholly owned by 9, Australia’s largest and most numerous media firm.