If you already know of native enterprise openings or closings, please notify us right here.
WEEK OF JUNE 12, 2022
TERRAIN ON THE PARKWAY: 1625 Lehigh Parkway East, Allentown
Pet lovers rejoice. Among the many options supplied at this new house advanced alongside the Little Lehigh Creek are pet wash and grooming stations to your furry buddies. Good for getting them cleaned up after adventures on the close by Lehigh Parkway Trails.
This “sanctuary amid the town of Allentown” gives 160 new 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom flats. Different facilities embrace a membership room, health heart, convention rooms and bundle lockers. Month-to-month hire begins at $1,575 with three-bedroom, two-bath items beginning at $2,540.
DLP CAPITAL: 835 W. Hamilton St., Allentown
The previous website of the flagship Hess’s division retailer will quickly be house to a different firm with native roots. Lehigh Valley native Don Wenner is transferring his actual property funding and finance agency DLP Capital from Bethlehem to Allentown.
To have a good time, a grand opening will probably be held on June 22. The occasion will begin at 4 p.m., with reside music and meals vans. Registration is required by means of DLP or the Better Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce. DLP acquired the Grand Plaza Constructing, previously PPL Plaza, through public sale final yr for $15.3 million.
WELLS FARGO: 740 Hamilton St., Allentown
Whereas Wells Fargo has been the chief in closing banks recently, it will maintain a ribbon-cutting for its new downtown Allentown workplace on June 30. The occasion begins at 11 a.m., with registration free and obtainable by means of the Better Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce web site. Wells Fargo is the fourth-largest financial institution within the U.S. primarily based on property, and has about 8,000 branches.
C&I MINERALS: South Mall, 3300 Lehigh St., Allentown
For those who’re available in the market for sterling silver jewellery, minerals and semi-precious gem stones, that is the shop for you, now working on the South Mall in Allentown. The South Mall is open Monday by means of Saturday from 11 a.m. to eight p.m. and midday to five p.m. on Sunday.
PPL CORP.: 2 N. Ninth St., Allentown
The Allentown-based utility firm has a brand new strategy after making two massive transactions. It bought its U.Okay. operations, taking lots of threat and forex issues out of its enterprise, and acquired a significant Rhode Island utility.
Throughout an investor convention Thursday, Chief Govt Officer Vincent Sorgi mentioned the brand new, centered PPL is ready to take the technique that made it profitable in Pennsylvania to its Kentucky and Rhode Island operations. Learn extra.
MARTELLUCCI’S PIZZERIA: 1419 Easton Ave., Bethlehem
Possession at this Bethlehem restaurant has modified, however the practically half-century custom there continues. Paul and Donna Hlavinka and their household are working the pizza place simply because it has been operated for 49 years. The pizza dough and sauce recipes stay, the menu nonetheless consists of quite a lot of sandwiches, salads and pasta, and the household really feel of Martellucci’s, based in 1973, continues. Get the total story.
KASPRENSKI FAMILY EYE CARE: 1088 Howertown Street, Catasauqua
Dr. Jacob Kasprenski’s father and grandfather had been each physicians within the Lehigh Valley, and now he is following of their footsteps of serving the group. His new vision-care heart held a grand opening along side the Whitehall Space Chamber of Commerce. Kasprenski Household Eye Care offers vision-care merchandise and optometry companies for emergency, medical and complete routine eye care.
JOSIE’S NEW YORK DELI: 14 Centre Sq., Easton
This longtime downtown Easton lunch spot closed early within the COVID-19 pandemic, however it might be making a comeback. A plan to separate the area with a vegan deli didn’t work out, however a June 13 Historic District Fee assembly features a request for a brand new signal at Josie’s. The downtown lunch and carry-out spot was a fixture for many years earlier than shutting down indefinitely.
ZEKRAFT – CURATORS OF TASTE: Easton Silk Mill, 1247 Simon Blvd., Unit N107, Easton
For house owners Zeke and Elaine Zelker, their mission is “not merely about feeding or entertaining folks; it is about nourishing them — physique, thoughts and spirit.” And now folks in Easton will probably be nearer to their community-minded, locally-sourced meals as their new location off thirteenth Avenue may have a grand opening on June 15, with a ribbon-cutting at 3:30 p.m.
The primary Zekraft cafe was opened in Bethlehem. The eating places’ menus change regularly, with a give attention to native components. Alternatives embrace natural espresso and tea, tartines (toast with toppings akin to smoked turkey and brie), stir fry, quick ribs, soups. The Easton Zekraft is closed on Mondays, open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday by means of Friday, and 9 a.m. to three p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Learn extra.
MANTRA MASSAGE: 319 Important St., Emmaus
The targets at women-owned Mantra are bodily and non secular therapeutic, they usually use a holistic strategy to therapeutic massage remedy to assist meet every particular person’s distinctive wants. Companies supplied embrace facial cupping, and massages together with focused heat Himalayan salt stone and focused facial therapeutic massage. Classes might be personalized to go well with every consumer’s actions, stress stage and occupation.
The brand new therapeutic massage and wellness spa will maintain its grand opening on July 10 beginning at 11 a.m. The institution is holding the occasion with the Emmaus Important Avenue Companions and the Better Lehigh Valley and East Penn chambers of commerce. Posted hours are 10 a.m. to eight p.m., Tuesday by means of Saturday, and Mantra is closed on Sunday and Monday.
THE CLUB AT TWIN LAKES: 3625 Shankweiler Street, North Whitehall Township
The previous Iron Lakes Nation Membership, constructed within the late Nineteen Fifties and early Nineteen Sixties, held a grand opening this week below its new title, The Membership at Twin Lakes. The Jaindl household bought the golf course final yr, and labored with KemperSports Administration to improve it. Renovations embrace enhancements on the course, cart paths and a brand new professional store. See the ribbon-cutting.
PROLOGIS INC.: Proposed warehouses at 7201 Hamilton Blvd., Higher Macungie Township
Prologis, a titan within the logistics trade, is the selection of Air Merchandise and Chemical compounds to personal and function three warehouses proposed in Higher Macungie Township. The commercial fuel firm mentioned Prologis will use among the former Air Merchandise headquarters campus for the warehouses, totaling about 2.6 million sq. toes. The land grew to become obtainable when Air Merchandise moved its headquarters a few mile down the highway final yr. Get the total particulars.
LEHIGH VALLEY HOSPITAL-CARBON: 2128 Blakeslee Blvd. Drive East (Route 443), Mahoning Township
Lehigh Valley Well being Community on Monday ceremonially opened its first Carbon County hospital — a $78 million, 100,578-square-foot facility that officers billed as a “full-service group hospital.” With last approval from the state Well being Division, the brand new hospital opened to sufferers on Wednesday.
The power, simply exterior Lehighton, already is being eyed for growth — with room to double its present area for 20 in-patient beds, and to enormously increase its emergency room, officers mentioned. Examine it.
SWIFTWATER SOLAR: Proposed photo voltaic discipline in Pocono Township
Pocono Township commissioners voted Monday to approve a plan to construct Pennsylvania’s largest photo voltaic discipline on a mountain slope, regardless of pleas by some residents to reject the challenge for environmental considerations. Commissioners voted 4-1 to just accept Swiftwater Photo voltaic’s preliminary last plan for the $111 million, 80-megawatt discipline on a non-public 644-acre website on high of Bear Mountain that would come with about 200,000 photo voltaic panels.
The property is east of Interstate 380, adjoining to Sullivan Path and Again Mountain Street in what now could be zoned as a leisure district. With approval nonetheless wanted from the state Division of Environmental Safety and the state Transportation Division, development is predicted to start out later this yr. Get the total story.
FIRETREE LTD.: Proposed in-patient drug- and alcohol-addiction therapy heart at 440 N Claude A Lord Blvd. (Route 61), Pottsville
An organization that in Could withdrew a proposal to find a drug- and alcohol-addiction therapy heart in a Schuylkill County industrial park now could be searching for approval for a brand new website.
Firetree Ltd., which is predicated in Williamsport and operates therapy facilities for folks with drug and alcohol habit and different purchasers transitioning out of jail, now needs to increase its in-patient rehab operation on the former Sands Ford auto dealership at 440 N Claude A Lord Blvd. (Route 61), Pottsville.
To do this, it wants the Pottsville Zoning Listening to Board’s approval relating to using the land, which is zoned group business. It has a listening to earlier than the board scheduled for six:30 p.m. June 16 in Metropolis Corridor.
In April, Firetree proposed constructing a one story, 25,000-square-foot therapy heart on a vacant 11.5-acre website at 10 Shultz Drive in MAJIC Industrial Park in Delano Township. Nevertheless, two days earlier than a Could 4 listening to was to be held earlier than the Schuylkill County Zoning Listening to Board, Firetree withdrew the appliance. Get the total story.
DUNKIN’: 400 Terry Wealthy Blvd., St. Clair
A Dunkin’ in Schuylkill County has turn into simply the fourth location of the donut and occasional chain to go completely digital. The transformed retailer at 400 Terry Wealthy Blvd., St. Clair, opened with a ribbon-cutting Monday. It has changed its conventional order counter with two in-store kiosks at which clients place digital orders and pay utilizing a bank card or Dunkin’ present card.
Company can even have the ability to place advance orders utilizing the cellular order characteristic on the Dunkin’ App. The situation nonetheless gives Dunkin’s full menu. There solely different all-digital Dunkin’ places in the US are in Boston, Cherry Hill, N.J. and Dallas, Luzerne County. Learn extra.
THE CONSERVATORY: 4059 Skyron Drive, Doylestown
A nonprofit music college in Bucks County will shut after 34 years, and college officers say the COVID-19 pandemic is the trigger. The Conservatory, close to the Doylestown Airport, has offered training in music, performances and remedy for communities in Bucks, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties since 1988. Its last day open will probably be June 30.
The pandemic led to a decline in enrollment and income, and in keeping with an announcement from the college, makes an attempt to merge with different music faculties weren’t profitable. The Conservatory began because the Neighborhood Conservatory of Music within the President’s Home on the grounds of Delaware Valley Faculty and operated in three different places earlier than settling at Skyron Drive in 2013. The varsity has 22 studios and a efficiency corridor. Get the total scoop.
POPEYES LOUISIANA KITCHEN and ARBY’S: 680 Memorial Parkway, Phillipsburg
Demolition started final week on the former Ahart’s Market on Route 22 in Phillipsburg. The location is not going to be vacant for lengthy, Mayor Todd Tersigni mentioned. A Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen and Arby’s will probably be constructed on the positioning.
Popeyes is a fried-chicken fast-food chain with about 2,800 U.S. places, plus one other 600 extra in territories and different nations. Arby’s, a sandwich chain, has 3,300 places. Popeyes and Arby’s are each owned by Encourage Manufacturers Inc., which additionally owns Buffalo Wild Wings, Dunkin, Sonic Drive-In and different restaurant chains. Take a look at the demolition.
UNITY BANK CENTER FOR BUSINESS & ENTREPRENEURSHIP: 119 Important St., Flemington
A historic constructing in Flemington, which has been a house and later was used as places of work, will maintain Hunterdon County Chamber of Commerce places of work and the Unity Financial institution heart. The chamber will maintain a ribbon-cutting on the constructing at 5:30 p.m. June 15. To attend the occasion, register by means of the chamber web site. The constructing was erected in 1847 and was as soon as the house of George Corridor Giant, who served as president of the New Jersey state Senate.
PREVIOUS OPENINGS AND CLOSINGS
· Honeygrow opens Quakertown location, subsequent to Chipotle on Route 309, on June 3.
· Dunkin’ reopens transformed restaurant at 1174 MacArthur Street in Whitehall Township
· Muse Fashionable Med Spa at 325 Fifth St. in Whitehall Township will maintain a grand opening June 4.
· Round Once more, a consignment retailer, opened at 154 S. Important St., Phillipsburg
· Steak and Metal Hibachi, a restaurant within the works at 44 W. Walnut St., Bethlehem, nonetheless plans on opening late this summer time.
· Take It Outdoor Recreation Hub has moved to a spot alongside the Schuylkill River Path at Riverfront Park in Pottstown, Montgomery County
· Pedego Electrical Bikes has a brand new outlet in Lambertville, N.J. at 13 N. Union St.
· Amanda Vachris has opened a brand new Keller Williams Actual Property workplace at 15 St. John St. in Schuylkill Haven.
· Easton’s new West Ward Market will open Wednesday and be open on Wednesday’s by means of the summer time from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. The market, created by the Better Easton Growth Partnership, will promote contemporary produce on twelfth Avenue, subsequent to Paxinosa Elementary College.
· Ciao Sandwich Shoppe is including a second location, this time on Faculty Hill in Easton. Ciao plans to open at 325 Cattell St. in late summer time. Ciao already operates in downtown Easton at 12 N. Third St
· Ma’s Crepes and Truffles will maintain a grand opening and ribbon-cutting June 16 at 46 W. Broadway, Jim Thorpe. The celebration begins at 5 p.m., with the ribbon chopping at 5:45 p.m.
· Bethlehem’s Again Door Bakeshop will reopen as a wholesale operation at 7 E. Church St. within the metropolis’s historic district. The enterprise was open for 9 years as a retail outlet at Broad and Heart streets, earlier than asserting in March that it could shut the storefront April 3 and “return to its origins as a wholesale enterprise.”
·The Beef Baron on Catasauqua Street in Bethlehem is closed indefinitely for renovations
· The Brothers That Simply Do Gutters are opening a brand new location in Allentown at 1302 N. 18th St.
· St. John Chrysostom Academy, an Orthodox college serving grades 1-9 beginning this fall, held a grand opening at its St. Francis Heart, Bethlehem, campus.
· Easton Commons, a shopping mall anchored by Large Meals at 2920 Easton Ave., Bethlehem Township, has a brand new title: The Outlets at Bethlehem.
· Carbon County is getting a style of Brazil at Uai Brasil BBQ at 315 Lehigh Ave. in Palmerton.
· The Keystone Pub in Bethlehem Township, at 3259 Easton Avenue, has reopened after a prolonged and costly renovation.
· The Buying and selling Publish Depot opened at 401 Northampton St., Easton. The country furnishings retailer makes customized tables for eating rooms, desktops, convention facilities and extra.
· The Easton space has a brand new fitness center: Selfmade Health at 444 Cedarville Street in Williams Township.
· Il Gaetano Ristorante opened at its 665 Columbus Ave., Phillipsburg, location.
· Ciao! Sandwich Shoppe to open second location on Faculty Hill in Easton, changing The Kettle Room
· Rene and Grisellies Benique have opened Ezekiel 47 Cafe at 10 S. Fifth Ave., off Fifth and Penn avenues, in West Studying.
· Alter Ego Salon and Day Spa in Emmaus is holding a grand opening Sunday, Could 22, from 11 a.m. to three p.m., with a ribbon chopping at midday.
· Origen Latin Fusion has opened on the website of the previous Tomcat Cafe in Sinking Spring, Berks County.
· Sellersville Senior Residences will maintain a ribbon-cutting ceremony Could 24. The Bucks County affordable-housing group for adults 55 and older has 50 flats, with eight allotted for folks with behavioral well being wants.
· The Home and Barn in Emmaus has opened its Shed out of doors eating and cigar bar space. The Home and Barn is at 1449 Chestnut St. in Emmaus.
· Realtor Amanda Vachris and the Schuylkill Chamber of Commerce will maintain a ribbon chopping at Vachris’s new Keller Williams Actual Property workplace at 15 St. John St., Schuylkill Haven, at 4 p.m. on Could 24.
· Il Gaetano Ristorante will maintain a grand opening on Friday, Could 20, at 5:30 p.m. The 665 Columbus Ave., Phillipsburg.
· First Commonwealth Federal Credit score Union will maintain a grand opening at its new headquarters in Trexlertown, 6126 Hamilton Blvd., on Could 18.
· Vinyl Press Indicators & Graphics has relocated inside Emmaus. The brand new website is 15 S. Second St., not removed from the previous Sixth Avenue location.
· Pedro’s Cafe in Emmaus to shut
· SV Sports activities (previously Schuylkill Valley Sports activities) to shut Quakertown location
· Flemington DIY will host a Grand Re-Opening on Could 14 at 26 Stangl Street, Flemington. The celebration will kick off at 10 a.m.
· Elpedio’s Ristorante at Seipsville opened at 2912 Previous Nazareth Street in Easton. The restaurant is open Wednesday by means of Sunday.
· Uai Brazil opened at 315 Lehigh Ave, Palmerton, providing each a seated or buffet choice.
· Colombian Mex Restaurant opened at 107 E Union Blvd in Bethlehem, providing conventional Colombian delicacies.
· Precision Ink opened at 161 W Berwick St. in Easton.
· King Wing opened a location in Bethlehem at 129 E. Third St., serving wings and sandwiches.